Learn the healing practices of yoga and qigong. You'll feel younger, healthier and happier.
Winter 2018 Courses:
I. Yoga for Beginners:
Lynne Ann Paterson, Instructor
Learn the basics of a well-rounded beginner yoga practice in this entry level course. Beginner Yoga is suitable for you, if you are brand new to yoga, out of practice or prefer a gentle class.
Current Course: Healthy, Happy Hips
New students are welcome to drop-in (February 5, 12 or 19) to try one class.
We need to know that you are coming, so please contact Lynne in advance.
NEXT COURSE: "The Supple Spine"
March 5 - April 23
Mondays @ 6:00-7:15pm
This course will help to relieve spinal stiffness, reduce back pain and improve spinal mobility/fluidity. The focus of this course will be on gentle spinal twists that will make you feel fabulous all over.
Yoga for Beginners course includes
* Natural breathing and basic alignment in simple postures.
* Slow movements and resting between poses.
* Simple alignment instructions to increase self-awareness.
* Use of props and modify poses.
* Deep relaxation at the end of each class.
Registration is now open. Please register by March 3rd.
Course Fee: $120/person for 8 week course.
II. Qi-Gong Course:
George Nager, certified qi-gong instructor
Qigong is a well kept secret to self-healing. And anyone, at any age or level of fitness can enjoy it. The practice boosts the entire immune system and promotes overall wellness, balance, suppleness. It speeds healing and enhances mindfulness. In this series, you'll learn the Level 1 forms of qigong.
NEXT COURSE: "QiGong for Beginners"
February 13 - April 3
Tuesdays @ 4:00-5:15pm
No experience needed. People wear street clothes. No props necessary.
(We also offer an ongoing qigong class on Saturdays at 8am.)
* Qigong Is done standing, and may be practiced sieated in a chair, if necessary.
* This practice is very gentle and the movements are slow and meditative.
* No stress is ever placed on the joints.
* Qigong is perfect for seniors or anyone wth limited mobility/stiffness/tension or injury.
* Guaranteed to leave you feeling peaceful, serene and calm.
* Qigong is a traditional healing modality from China where it's been used instead of needles, drugs or medications as effective treatment for many health conditions.