Study the healing practices of yoga and qigong with us. You'll feel healthier and happier this year.
Fall 2018 Courses:
I. Yoga for Beginners:
Lynne Ann Paterson, ERYT-500, certified yoga instructor
Learn the basics of a well-rounded beginner yoga practice in this entry level course. Yoga for Beginners is suitable for you, if you're brand new, out of practice, or prefer a slow pace class. Each course has a unique focus, so you can get familiar with different groups of postures. Over the course of one full year, you will learn all the major poses and build a solid foundation. When you are ready for more challenging poses, or a more athletic pace, you are welcome to move into our other yoga classes.
Yoga for Beginners
September 17 - December 10
Mondays @ 6:00-7:15pm
(No class November 26)
The Fall course will focus on the practice of basic standing poses, hip openers and sun salutations. You will strengthen your arms, legs and spine, and free up your breath. Each week will be a seriously fun practice designed as the perfect antidote for modern life. Standing poses and hip openers counter the negative effects of sitting or slouching and strengthens the mind and body. Sun Salutations are a great way to warm up your muscles, lubricate your joints and get your energy flowing.
* Natural breathing and basic alignment in simple postures.
* Slow movements with a pause in between poses.
* Simple alignment instructions to increase self-awareness of body and breath.
* Linking poses together in a slow-flow format.
* Use of props and modification of poses to accomodate your body.
* Deep relaxation at the end of each class.
Registration is now open. Please register by September 8.
Course Fee: $180/person for 12 week Fall semester course.
This is the ONLY yoga for beginners course offered this Fall - please join us!
II. Qi-Gong Course:
George Nager, certified qi-gong instructor
Qigong is a well kept secret to self-healing. Anyone, at any age or level of fitness can enjoy it. It's easy on the joints, circulates blood and lymph without breaking a sweat, and is very meditative..Qigong practice will boost your entire immune system and promote health, balance, peace and suppleness. Regular practice enhances mindfulness and speeds healing, no matter what is aliing you. In this series, you'll learn and practice the Level 1 forms of qigong. No experience is needed. No special clothing required. You may wear street clothes, but do dress comfortably.
Qi-Gong for Beginners
September 18 - November 20
Tuesdays @ 4:00-5:00pm
* Performed standing. It may be practiced seated in a chair, if necessary.
* Very gentle - the movements slow and meditative.
* Healing: No stress is ever placed on the joints.
* Perfect for seniors or anyone wth limited mobility/stiffness/tension.
* Suitable for those recovering from an injury.
* Guaranteed to leave you feeling peaceful, serene and calm.
* A traditional healing modality from China.
(Used instead of needles or medication to effectively treat many types of illness.)
Participants must register in advance for all courses. We require a minimum of six students to run each course. Courses are non-refundable and non-tranferable.
Please see our policy page.
Drop-ins are discouraged, because courses progress sequentially week to week.
Please contact us prior to course start date for special permission to drop-in to any course.
Questions? Contact us.