Study the healing practices of yoga and qigong with us. You'll feel healthier and happier this year.
Winter 2018 Courses: Yoga for Beginners and QiGong
I. Yoga for Beginners:
Lynne Ann Paterson, Instructor
Learn the basics of a well-rounded beginner yoga practice in this entry level course. Beginner Yoga is suitable for you, if you are brand new to yoga, out of practice or prefer a gentle class.
Current Course: Healthy, Happy Hips
New students are welcome to drop-in (February 5, 12 or 19) to try one class.
We need to know that you are coming, so please contact Lynne in advance.
NEXT COURSE: "The Supple Spine"
March 5 - April 23
Mondays @ 6-7:15pm
This course will help to relieve spinal stiffness, reduce back pain and improve spinal mobility/fluidity.
The focus of this course will be on gentle spinal twists that will make you feel fabulous all over.
Eight week course for $120/person
Yoga for Beginners courses include:
* Natural breathing and basic alignment in simple postures.
* Slow moving practice with rest between postures.
* Simple alignment instructions to increase self-awareness.
* Use of props and modify poses.
* Deep relaxation at the end of each class.
Please register at least one week before the course starts.
II. Qigong for Peace & Healing:
George Nager, certified Qigong Instructor
Qigong is a well kept secret to self healing. Anyone, at any age or level of fitness can safely practice. Qigong boosts the entire immune system and promotes overall wellness, balance and suppleness. It speeds healing and enhances mindfulness. In this series, you'll learn the Level 1 forms.
NEXT COURSE: "QiGong for Beginners"
February 13 - April 3
Tuesdays @ 4:00-5:15pm
8 weeks for $120/person
No experience needed. People wear street clothes.
(Once you've completed a qigong course, you may attend the ongoing class Saturdays at 8am.)
* Qigong Is done standing, and may be practiced sieated in a chair, if necessary.
* This practice is very gentle and the movements are slow and meditative.
* No stress is ever placed on the joints.
* Qigong is perfect for seniors or anyone wth limited mobility/stiffness/tension or injury.
* Guaranteed to leave you feeling peaceful, serene and calm.
* Qigong is a traditional healing modality from China where it's been used instead of needles,
drugs or medications as effective treatment for many health conditions.
Participants must register in advance for all courses. We require a minimum of six students to run each course. Courses are non-refundable and non-tranferable.
Please see our policy page.
Drop-ins are discouraged, because courses progress sequentially week to week.
Please contact us prior to course start date for special permission to drop-in to any course.
Questions? Contact us.